BIM Engineers Ltd.
22A Maple Crescent,
RG21 5SS, United Kingdom
+44 20 3695 3408
WHAT IS BIM (BUILDING INFORMATION MODELLING)?
- a digital presentation of the physical and functional features of the building
- a visualisation of the database that contains all of the information about the building and its elements, from the concept stage, through the design, construction and property management phase
- managing information and the access to information
- a platform that combines and garners any data from the entire lifecycle of the building
- the ability to conduct simulations of the introduced changes at every stage of the building’s lifecycle
- the ability to perform analyses and segregation of the garnered data
- a quick and efficient transfer of information between subjects that are interrelated with the building (designer, contractor, investor, lessee, manager, service technician, etc.)
IN WHAT SCOPE AND IN WHICH FIELDS CAN BIM BE USED?
- the use of BIM, the type of data garnered in the model, its presentation and analysis can be adjusted to the individual needs of the user
- it is only limited by the fantasy and ingenuity of the recipient
- it can cooperate with external applications of business partners, subcontractors of the user (an ability to export required information in database formats, such as SQL and Excel)
WHAT KIND OF SAVINGS DOES BIM GIVE?
- BIM technologies save time at every stage of the building’s lifecycle
- the elimination of changes that were not predicted in the budget – by up to 40%
- decreasing the time needed for cost estimation – by 80%
- savings of up to 10% of the contract’s value thanks to an early detection of collisions
- decreasing the project implementation time – by up to 7%
- limiting the amount of construction waste – by up to 48%
- deceasing the amount of accidents on the construction site – by up to 53%
- collision elimination – by up to 68%
- increasing the profitability of the projects – by up to 25%
It is also worth noticing that the design and construction process has a very large impact on the subsequent maintenance costs of the building. Basing on our experience and on the software that we use, which is not only used for designing the building, but also for modelling and managing information related to the building, you can be sure that the documentation that we have developed will recouped during the use of the building.